Sunday, March 21, 2021

What A Find...

What a find!

Dreamtime tea, the indigenous part of me really truly wanted to dive into the jar th second I undid the lid. 
The smells escaping from the jar somehow so familiar to me, and the result. 
Definitely a dreamtime tea, for dream I did.

Not many know that my birth mother was an indigenous australian, I didn't find out myself until around seven years ago. I have quietly been looking into the mystical way of the indigenous culture for a number of years, their use of herbs, ocherss and barks, their magical practices.
 It's the sacred mystical knowledge that I am interested in, and these have been the most difficult to find. As so much of the culture lost and most not interested in these practices at all.

In my garden I have many native healing plants and as they grow stronger I will be able to use the fruits, leaves and barks for my own private healing ceremonies and for teas as well as eating the bounty once the plants have matured. 

The dreamtime tea has jilungin in the mix, the Nyul Nyul peoples from the Kimberley region of Western  Australia use Jilungin traditionally for sleep, it is known as the dreaming tea.
Roogenics have added a lot of other native plants to this blend and it truly was delicious.
Can I find a jilungin plant for sale? No not anywhere, but the search will continue.

My dreams were wildly exciting and held many messages and that is from just the first cup.


Normally I wake early, even on the weekends, I wanted to see if the dreamtime tea would actually see me sleep in past 5am on a non work day. It certainly did, waking up to an already light house was amazing in itself, but to feel so rested and to recall all my dreams (there were a couple of adventures dreamy adventures had last night) was quite something too......
 


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

A very different kind.