Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Pair Of....

The pair of new holland honeyeaters are busy feeding the chicks safely tucked away in the yuccas down the back of the garden. I had heard cheeps from within the yuccas a day ago.
Firstly I watched one of the parents busily gathering nectar from one of the grevillea plants. I don't know how many chicks they have. The eggs take around fourteen days to hatch and the chicks stay in the nest for ten to fourteen days. They normally have between two to three babies at a time.
Very, very exciting!
I already have seen another new holland family with their new babies in the front garden a couple of days ago, which means there are two nesting pairs in the garden.
Very blessed to have so much new life in the garden.

Following the parent back down the garden I did try to see if I could locate the nest following where it flew in. However both parents came flying out and landed in a tree distracting me and made it very clear not to come any closer to their babies....... 







 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite photogenic.

Gemel said...

They are aren't they!