Tuesday, March 09, 2021

A Rather Strange...

A rather strange thing to see in a park, old railway signals and track changers. Even the old station platform remains. 
The eastern railway line which took trains across the Darling Scarp was in use from the 1890's until the 1950's.  The line was officially closed in 1966, now there is a walk known as the railway reserve heritage trail.
I haven't walked any of the trail, perhaps that is something to keep in mind for future outings? There is a small amphitheatre across from the old platform which gets used when there are festivals in the park.

Wandering off from the remnants of times gone by to see what caught my eye today in the Mundaring Sculpture Park. It was the trees that spoke to me first, drawing me in with the fabulous patterns their bark creates. 
The colours of the tree trunks each so different and unique. 

I discovered a hakea tree adorned with seeds, they were clumped together taking on the appearance of nuts. As the seed pods dry out they will slowly break open to set the seed within free. Perhaps another visit in the future will give me glimpse of this miraculous process.

The sculpture park is not very big and there doesn't ever appear to be anything new placed here. Different views of the artwork today. I do find the mini people rather creepy so did not focus too much on them.

A single feather laying on a bed of leaves caught my attention as I strolled past. Natures art is by far my favorite.

As I headed back to my car a baby magpie began to sing on it's picnic table stage. The plumage still fluffy and not yet the distinctive black and white of the adult magpie.
Of course I stopped for the serenade. The Australian magpies song is one of the treasures of this land. Sometimes just one magpie will sing like this little one today, other times the whole flock will sing, sometimes duets can be heard. This little ones song was appreciated by me, I am never too busy that I can't stop to experience the wonders of nature......
































 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The sculptures look neat, and it would be a spot I'd enjoy visiting.