Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Sensing Movement.....

Sensing movement from the trunk of a dead tree high above me, of course I gazed upward!
Nesting pink and grey galahs.
How absolutely exciting.
Pink and grey galahs nest in hollows, and not just hollow trees I might add, if it's hollow they will give it a try. I have seen a galahs nest in a sandstone outgroup right under the full blaze of the intense Western Australian sun. These two as well have no shelter to speak of.  However the species appear to thrive despite poor nesting choices.
As one of the pair was busy cleaning the area out, the other liked to keep watch. 
At one point I had to brush my face off as a pile of litter landed on my face as if was flung out of the hollow. 
Lovely! 
And then I received a very adamant go away stare.
But the intimidation was short lived, soon cleaning duties and preening took all of their attention....











 

No comments: