Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Discovering......


Discovering a new lake on my daily adventures. I of course went for a walk to check it out. A variety of gum trees surround the lake which I feel maybe manmade and not a natural waterhole. 
I noticed a couple of ironbark trees and several ghost gums, the white of the bark gives the ghost gum it's name. All of the trees thriving even after such a dreadfully hot and long summer. 
The lake was home to a variety of water birds, all a little annoyed after swimming over for a bit of food when a few handfuls of barely wasn't forthcoming they quacked in protest. Next time I will take some seed for them as a treat, actually I ought to keep some seed in the car, for I never know where my daily walks will end up.
The tranquility of this place made for a really relaxing meander. There was no wind, the sun once again too hot for this time of the year so I kept seeking out the shade as I ambled along......



























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots.

Gemel said...

Thanks William.