Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Windarra Honey.......

Windarra Honey a little local business in the Swan Valley that I had been meaning to visit for quite a long time. As you can see I finally made it.
A small family owned business which has been around for decades I discovered. 
The beehive located on the side of the wall was mesmerizing. Watching the worker bees busily buzzing as they went about business as usual despite the inquisitive eyes watching them. 
It was difficult to capture a photo because of the glare coming through the nearby windows. 
The queen was seen as she was laying eggs, the queen does one mating flight in her life and has enough sperm to lay eggs her whole life time. Fascinating observing this normally private world.

There were lots of tasty honey treats on offer, I left with a container of pollen and a lip balm. Once out of honey I shall come back here to restock, I prefer to support smaller local businesses than the massive supermarket chains.........





 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of bees.

Gemel said...

Several thousand I was told.