Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Today Was......

Today was a productive day, before the wood delivery I had already been busy. 
Many new plants placed in the front garden. 
Most of them around the pond, grasses, kangaroo paws and other plants that will grow to create a really bushy habitat for the frogs living in the front garden. 
Some evenings the chorus sung to the moon by the frogs is really loud, amazing how they appeared days after the pond plants were brought home. 
Not sure where all the frogs came from, as I have never seen a tadpole in the ponds. So I went to research native frogs. I discovered that the frogs are burrowing frogs who lay eggs, who would have thought that?
Not me obviously!  
Amazing what caring for a garden teaches one.

I have thought about getting a solar powered fountain/water feature. 
The water has more oxygen thanks to the plants and it is filled with allsorts of microscopic life and is very clear. 
It's the sound of trickling water that I feel will complete the pond area.
Hopefully loud enough to hear inside the cottage.

I have also moved my fairy garden to nearer the ponds. All sorts of secret treasures can be seen clearly now, as the garden grows though the little secrets will be more difficult to locate.
Feeling that the water element adds an air of mystery to a my miniature fairy kingdom, especially with a growing number of resident dragons keeping watch........











 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots.

Gemel said...

Thank you William.