Wednesday, June 02, 2021

There Is Nothing....


There is nothing quite as miraculous as a day. 
And how blessed are we to have nature always waiting outside of our doors. What happens in any one of my days vary, often more than not whilst out in nature something will inspire me. Other times it could be cats, or music or something else that bring joy to my day. 
Mostly though it is Mother Nature.

From the first glimpses of light faintly beginning to illuminate the darken sky. 
To the soft golden glow of the afternoon as the sun begins its retreat once again, days are simply divine.
Some days may be quieter than others, yet each is one of a kind. 

Often the greatest treasures of my days are found in my secluded garden. Yesterday was such a day. Yesterday I happened upon three beautiful moments of awe and wonder.
The first a rather large brown mushroom growing on the driveway. Perfectly imperfect. The texture like an old leather book, tired and worn. Yet it had such a presence in its silence. Wisdom as old as time seeped from it's pores.

Another form of fungus I discovered in the front garden, three in total in a little clump. I feel this is more of a puffball, when mature the fruiting body becomes  powdery as the spores are released. They were camouflaged well amongst the dried leaves on the ground. Magnificent!

Above me as I was mesmerised by these two fungal treasures pink and grey galahs were squawking a protest of me being under their tree. 
A beautiful moment of intimacy was seen with a mated pair as they preened each other. 
When you watch the intimate connections of all creatures you know that like humans love is felt and family important. 
Humans should learn to respect the wild creatures and leave them to be free as nature intended.
Creating a habitat for them brings hours of joy for me as I watch all the beings that visit my garden living their lives and raising their families.

Smoke drifting in the breeze as my fire warms the cottage, a welcoming vision on a chilly afternoon.  Grateful for the warmth of the fire as much as I am for my abundant garden. The winter sun catching the leaves of my maidenhair fern was breathtaking. 
The visions I see during my days be they mushrooms, leaves or birds are seen for the miracles they are and for the beauty they offer...... 















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite unusual fungi to my eyes.

Gemel said...

Both were quite different species.