Thursday, June 03, 2021

Spying ....

Spying the entire flock of the pink and grey galahs at the park a short walk from the cottage I stopped to take in the view. When I had more grass than garden I welcomed the galahs in to dethatch the lawn. They are actually helping those with nice green lawns. They eat the seeds and aerate the soil underneath and of course eat any grubs. 
There were four long billed corellas in the sea of pink and grey. It is not unusual for the two species to mix.
In the past I did have the whole flock land in my back garden, now they don't all arrive at once as they no longer have the room. It was lovely to see them all and such a lot of babies too. 

Heading back to my car I watched as many took off and flew straight to the cottage. Arriving home to lots of happy little pink faces greeting me. 
A splendid way to end a day.....























 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of them.

Sharon said...

How lucky! Such amazingly colorful birds.

Gemel said...

Certainly is William.

They are beautiful Sharon.