Saturday, June 12, 2021

A Glorious Beginning.......

A glorious beginning to my day yesterday. Clouds down hugging the earth as the sun began to beam its warmth across the moist landscape. For me venturing out into my garden is always an adventure. 
Each day new. 
No moment the same. 
Surrounded with life. 
Abundant.
Different things speak to me. Sometimes it is the golden leaves still decorating my wisteria plant. Artfully poised as they wait to drift gracefully to the ground. Beneath them the water clogged earth releasing a scent so rich and earthy as the sodden leaves cling to the ground decomposing. 
The cycle of life is endlessly witnessed in a garden. 
The beauty and the decay complimenting each other.

My garden had a mystical feel to her as I tiptoed through the drenched grass. 
Toes wet. 
My bird visitors were all rather inquisitive this morning. 
A lone pink and grey galah resting on the slim trunk of an acacia tree. 
A ringneck parrot watching my progression through the garden, silhouetted on the limbs of a dying tree. A gentle bronzewing silently walking across the top of the fence.
The sun capturing the hundreds of droplets clinging to leaves left me breathless with awe. 
How astounding nature is.

To walk without seeing is what so many millions do, it makes no sense to me.
Rushing through their days to achieve a task, make money, buy something, jogging for fitness, forever connected to a device, yet never stopping to smell a flower or to watch a cloud drift across the sky. 
Always busy, continually distracted. Never present. 

To surround myself with my divine Earth Mother is the only path for me. For she is everywhere. Always and forever.........























 

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The birds are enjoyable company.