Monday, June 07, 2021

The Darkness.....

The darkness of the cottage simply has to go! 
So with a bit of paint left it was into my bedroom I ventured paintbrush in hand. The deep emerald green of this room now actually makes me feel nauseous, a revamp has been long overdue. 
Only doing a few walls to begin with I am so delighted with how light and airy the room feels already. The wall behind the bedhead I am thinking of doing in a pearlized paint, shade yet to be decided.

Miss Bear was as the the enthusiastic supervisor. She looked quite shocked when all the furniture was back in place perhaps wondering if the upheaval was going to the the new normal. The three settling down for a long nap after I stopped painting and things were back in place all still once again.

Painting was never something I enjoyed, now though I have learnt to take my time, there is no rush to finish. I have decided that the red room will be done after I finish the first couple of coats on my bedroom, the cottage seems to be pleading to be light bright and clear, and so it shall be......












 

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Light and bright is the way to go and it looks like the other members of your family agree!

William Kendall said...

My father back in the day would do house painting as a side gig.