Wednesday, June 23, 2021

I Felt The Call.....


I felt the call to return to Jorgensen Park in Kalamunda yesterday. It was the trees beckoning me to return. One grove of trees in particular were in my mind's eye all day. The call answered as the impulse so strong it could not be ignored. Once again I found myself approaching the park from a different entrance, which of course made it more of a challenge to locate the trees that had been calling. I found so many stunning tree beings, most had me stop, mouth open in awe of their presence. Drawn to a fallen log I discovered three tiny mushrooms. It was difficult to pick a favourite moment but these tiny beings definitely were really special.
However it was the trees that moved my heart the most yesterday. Not far from where I walked last Friday yet you will notice that the understory of plants is vastly different. Many different plants here and the park was filled with birdsong. A few wild flowers beginning to appear. Although the wildflower season isn't until August lasting through to September. This year I have decided to go and explore the wildflowers Western Australia is so famous for.

Finally finding the grove of trees that have grown in a bendy kind of way was a bit sad. Many had lost large limbs in the many storms we have had in the year or so since I last came here. There was also a lot of deaths amongst the trees from the lack of rain last year. 
Yet despite all of this loss and destruction the magical energy which prompted my visit still radiated out. Rainbows of light cascading over me as I sat with these beauties. My soul soothed.......






















































 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

I can see why those trees were calling you. A great place to walk and observe.

Gemel said...

Its a extremely beautiful place Sharon. Always enjoy a visit.

William Kendall said...

Quite peaceful.

Gemel said...

Glad the peace came through the photos. It is a peaceful place William.