Saturday, June 26, 2021

A Day Of Rest......

A day of rest, felt I have earned it after nearly a month of decorating every spare chance I had.
A mid afternoon meander around the garden to see what was happening. The red hakea was the first I checked on, so many flowers covering her with still many more to open. 
Spectacular! 
Given most of the plants in my garden are natives, that means that they are going to be budding up ready for wildflower season. Which is August to September for most. Even though they aren't exactly wild, but I guess they don't know that! As they all begin to flower I will do a post on each one, I feel they all deserve their time in the spotlight.

Most of the trees tower above me now. I will keep most of them at a manageable height, except for my sheoak, I feel I am going to allow her to become as high as she likes. The back garden is vastly different to this time last year, everything has grown so much. The white kangaroo paw is still waiting to bloom, I am quite excited to see it fully open. She will wait until the time is just right and then she will unfold. One of my emu bushes is flowering. I have three of those in total, all very different from the other.
There is a few photos of Aslan looking more like his regal self. His healing took quite awhile but thankfully he is past the worst now. Head feathers coming along nicely now. 

The star of the garden today was a tiny grey fantail. 
Dancing it's way around the garden fanning his tail out as he twirled side to side. The grey fantails are not as common as the willy wagtail which are seen frequently. This little grey fellow comes every year with his mate, where they nest in the garden. They eat insects and there is an abundance of insects in the garden which as safe for them to eat as no pesticides are used. 
The pair can raise several broods of chicks per season. Three or four eggs are laid at a time, and it takes two weeks of incubation before the feeding frenzy begins for the parents.
I disturbed a raven and captured a quick shot as it began to take flight. 
Another glorious day enjoying my little oasis........
































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Aslan is looking in fine form.

Gemel said...

Yes he has healed well bless him.