Sunday, June 06, 2021

The New Look...

The new look front room. Miss Bear was a rather good supervisor keeping an eye on what I was doing. Thankfully this time she didn't fall into the paint like she did as kitten. 

Energetically I have felt that a chapter in my life story has ended. In the past when I felt an ending had occurred I either moved countries or houses. 
This time I chose to paint. 

I have realised that I have my roots down for the first time in my life. Spending so much of my life packing and unpacking, never settled anywhere for longer than a few brief years, sometimes it would be less than a year before I was making plans to move I realised yesterday that this is my first true home.  
The gypsy has settled.

On Thursday the inspiration to paint the interior of the cottage came, at first I was going to do the spare room, but changed my mind and decided I would start in the front room. The pink was a gamble it was either going to work or not. I felt that having white walls in the kitchen and front room would be too much and would feel stark, so I did one wall pink as well as the frame of the stained glass window.
I love it. 
It feels so happy and clear. 
In the next few weeks the other two rooms will be done too. My bedroom and the spare room are painted really dark colours and I am being drawn towards light airy colours.
There is still a second coat to be had, the front door painted white, and a few gaps filled in here and there, maybe new curtains too......










 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The cat seems to approve.

Gemel said...

Seems they do.