Thursday, June 10, 2021

Flowers And Raindrops.....

Flowers and raindrops a beautiful combination, especially when rain had alluded the garden for such a long time. Branches heavily ladened with the weight of the water joyously drooping towards the ground. So many buds waiting to open on all the wax flower bushes. All of the hakeas are still producing flowers as well, they have flowered profusely this year, such gratitude for the beauty they gift the garden. The birds feasting as are the bees when the sun shines, this afternoon though all were elsewhere. 
Many of the grevilleas are in flower and even in the few days where I missed my garden walks the white kangaroo paw still has not opened fully. 
She is taking her time. 
I have a feeling seeing her in full bloom will be worth the wait.

Moss and lichen growing abundantly on the jarrah tree, and the mushroom is beginning it's journey back to the earth, shrinking and changing colour as it's brief life comes to an end. 
Little Bella came to say hello, not having seen me other than to let her and her flock in and out recently as once again illness had me bedbound. Deep breaths of the crisp winter air filling me with nourishment and strength, as did the short meander around my glorious miniature haven...... 



















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots.

Gemel said...

Thank you William.