Monday, June 14, 2021

Absolute Mayhem....

Absolute mayhem greeted me as I slowly pulled into the driveway this afternoon. 
Word has got out, I mean really got out, come here for seed and treats! 
There was barely room for me to walk amongst this feathery bunch.

In the past I have had to discourage the pink and grey galahs from coming as their numbers can get daunting as they descend into the garden. Plus they tend to destroy the garden with their silly antics, which are funny to watch but harmful to the plants. Today the noise was actually unbearable and I was nearly bowled over more than once by a few coming in to land.
In amongst the flurry of activity I noticed that today two other species were mixed in the sea of pink and grey. There were a few long-billed corellas (easy to spot with their longer bill) and also a large number of little corellas. They are white like the long-billed corellas with less pinky/red on they face and a shorter bill. Plus they actually have a much louder squawky voice, so this explained the increase in noisy chatter.

They were everywhere, in the trees, on the ground, flying in circles and all squawking madly in protest as I unloaded my car and set about my afternoon chores. Like most of the birds in my garden they are not too bothered by my presence that they fly off. Some even seemed to pose for a few photos. How sweet of them.
I will have to think of a new spot to leave seed out for my free ranging chickens and outwit these lovely yet very noisy visitors once again........
 































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

That is a crowd.

Gemel said...

A little too big of a crowd for my garden!