Thursday, July 29, 2021

Stopping For A Walk.....

Stopping for a walk along the coast today and I was welcomed with a turbulent ocean as yet another storm front heads for the coast and with it another severe weather warning in place.

The waters dark with a menacing feel to them, seaweed littering the sand, the normally sparkling clear water thick with debris stirred up by the current. 
Wind lashing my face with the salty spray of the crashing waves. 
My hopes of walking along the shore line dashed with the furious waves relentlessly smashing onto the sand. 
Although not the highest swell I have seen the undercurrent and backwash incredibly forceful so I sought out a path to follow along the adjacent parkland.
Finding another path I set off towards the water, sand whipping into my face stinging as it hit my skin.
 The force of the approaching storm bringing with it an ominous energy...... 

















































 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Great description of walking in the wind. I can see the turbulence in the water in your photos. I can't believe that one boat was out there.

William Kendall said...

Those waters feel rough.

Gemel said...

Thank you Sharon, yes there was a large cargo boat out there.

They were rough William.