Friday, July 09, 2021

My Day Began.....

My day began with a stroll around the Zig Zag Art Gallery in Kalamunda. 

The first thing that caught my attention was this sculpture in the carpark. My interpretation is three people around a fire. 
Heading inside to 2021 NAIDOC exhibition, this year the theme was Heal Country.


The first piece is done by  one of the people I support in the community. Also her niece is the creator of the cardboard galah head. 
A very colourful mixture of  aboriginal art. NAIDOC week has its roots in Day of Mourning, in 1975 it changed to a week long celebration of aboriginal history and also changed the name. 
Each year I normally take my lady to the celebrations in her local area, although last year it wasn't on. And this year I have yet to receive confirmation. In any case we both enjoyed this exhibition and as always Miss Mandy is extremely excited to see one of her pieces on display.....




















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful pieces.

Gemel said...

Glad you liked them William.