Sunday, July 04, 2021

Rearranging....

Rearranging the back room in preparation for the daybed to be moved in there I repositioned the bookshelves after deciding where I want things to go. I did attempt to move the daybed myself yesterday but couldn't manage it. Frustrating! I will have help next weekend to move it out, until then I have left it nearer the fireplace temporarily. Feeling that being able to gaze out onto the garden would make relaxing in the back room more therapeutic. And keeping the back of the daybed on an internal wall as the exterior walls are icy in the winter. It will be a good place to read or to sit having a coffee. It will also give an alternative sitting area when visitors call.

Once the daybed has gone the front room is going to feel much more open and airy. Which is a good thing given the cottage is so small. Plus excited to be getting an actual sitting room. Interesting how simply moving the lamp and the furniture around has given the room a different feel already.  And I really enjoyed sitting here this morning having my coffee letting the serenity of the front garden filter within.  I feel that my quirky colourful light fittings really are being seen in all their dazzling glory now. Rainbow reflections gracing all rooms bringing with it a touch of magic.
So peaceful sitting here simply being. The ambience has been completely revitalised in the cottage by repainting. So simple and yet so utterly transformative.......









 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A lot to be done.

Gemel said...

There certainly is.