Sunday, July 18, 2021

Hovea Falls......

Hovea Falls was my destination for exploring the wonders of nature today. When I left home the sky blue, arriving at the falls I was greeted with dark skies and heavy rain. 
Not about to be put off by a bit of water I set off on what turned out to be a very wet walk. Streams were running fast, the water crystal clear, it is always lovely to hear water be it trickling or rushing. Quite a few wild flowers were already in bloom, many more budding up ready to bloom when the weather begins to warm again. 
So many tiny mushrooms and different varieties of fungi seemed to call to me. I am not sure whether I never use to notice them as much, or perhaps it is the intensity of the wet weather that has seen them sprout just about everywhere. Some so incredibly small. Yet so perfect. 

Hearing the call of a splendid fairywren I caught a glimpse of him as he danced for his mate They are very tiny birds and rarely keep still for more than a second, I did get a couple of photos of him. His vibrant blue a striking contrast to the bushland foliage.

Despite being soaked to the bone by the end of my meander I felt completely peaceful and content. A contentment that is only found when I am surrounded by the nurturing embrace of nature......

































































 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love a nice walk in the rain. There was a lot to see on this hike. Beautiful photos.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots. The waterfalls are lovely.

Gemel said...

I don't mind a walk in the rain either Sharon.

Thank you William.