Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Sending Off...

Sending off two parcels one to my long time friend in England and another to my cousin in Queensland last week had me thinking how often do we receive anything in the mail that is not a bill. 
Letters and parcels use to be something that was done a lot, now things have become a little more impersonal. A handwritten letter is seldom something I receive, I do remember how special it was to receive one though. Opening it with a cup of coffee and sitting down to read it. Something really special about sending something through the mail.

As I prepared the parcels I realised how much fun I had in selecting the gifts for these two beautiful women. 
One I have known for many years, and still miss to this very day since moving to Australia my best and closest friend. But thanks to video calls we get to see each other and catch up for coffee dates. And it is almost as if I am there with her.
The other is my cousin, who I am yet to meet in person. Sadly her visit here was cancelled due to border closures, or otherwise she would have been here sharing my holiday, today being the day she would have returned to Queensland.
Her gift I had hoped she would have opened while she was here, but now instead it is winging its way to the other side of the country.


In a world that has all but gone mad taking the time to let someone know how special they are to you takes little effort. 
Maybe we should all try to make life a little more personal, take the time to write a letter or send a gift across the miles to bring a smile to a face and love to a heart....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so beautiful. Love you and the gifts ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️

William Kendall said...

The only mail I receive is junk. My few bills are emailed and paid directly through the bank.

Gemel said...

Glad you liked them.


The dreaded junk mail always ends up in the fire