Saturday, July 24, 2021

Part One......

Part one of today's adventure, which was supposedly only going to be a short meander along a new path I found. 
Instead it turned into a two and a half hour hike with so many wondrous discoveries along the way.
 
As always I allowed the Spirit of the bushland to speak to me and lead me to witness some tiny treasures and some mighty huge ones. There were new wildflower species seen, many new fungi too, some so incredibly tiny. Allowing myself to follow the prompts to wander off the track or to turn around and take a second look gifted me with many a special moment.

Another large family of red-tailed cockatoos were encountered, my heart extremely happy to see so many babies in this group. Although far off in the distance I could easily make out the watchful parent keeping an eye on his brood. 

And then I heard the thunderous roar of water and as I rounded a bend on the track I was following the vista I was greeted with left me speechless. 
It was as if I had travelled back in time. Giant boulders underfoot, the pulsating hum of their immense power radiating up through my feet. The impulse to sit and soak up their presence so powerful it could not be ignored........



















































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Gemel said...

Thank you Willam.