Monday, July 12, 2021

Not Much Time....

Not much time to enjoy the garden yesterday, a beautiful clear sky and a very chilly wind a perfect winters day.
Having a bit of time out from furniture moving I went to get some fresh air. A couple of pink and grey galahs keeping an eye where I went, or more importantly wondering, did I have any food. 
Delighted to see one of the pincushion hakeas is still producing flowers, this one has been flowering for months now. Always fascinating watching a flower unfold. Such a miraculous thing to observe as each day the petals unravel a little more. 

All of the grevillia's are in bloom, this red one is another that has been flowering for months. I was recently given a noongar bush medicine/food book of all native Western Australian plants in the south west region and this particular flower was used to make a sweet drink. If left to ferment it becomes a flower wine. Maybe I may pick some and bottle them up in water and see what flower wine tastes like. 

My black coral pea is flowering profusely.  The smaller honeyeaters flying in and out enjoying the sweet nectar on offer. I am yet to notice any bees on these flowers, maybe they are busy elsewhere in the garden........







 

No comments: