Tuesday, July 20, 2021

My Adventure Today......

My adventure today took me to Point Peron. Located around 91 kilometers from where I live, but well worth the hour and a half drive, even on a stormy day such as today. I have never been to this part of the coastline before, I have to say I was immediately taken with this wild beach.  And will come again when the weather warms, with all the reefs it will be perfect for snorkelling.

The wind was extremely strong, and the water had a menacing feel to it. The storm on the horizon inching closer as I set off exploring. The limestone cliffs were just amazing, as well as quite  dangerous. There were areas that have clearly collapsed in the recent storms we have been having here of late. And some areas of the sand dunes look to be following them as they drooped  precariously. One footstep would see them crumble in an instant. There were also lots of limestone islands jutting out of the water. Waves crashing over them, spray exploding with the impact. The sea becoming more unruly as the winds picked up.

Water birds nesting on one of the outcrops in particular.  A sea eagle was pestering the brooding birds, thankfully for the chicks he left empty clawed. I was hopeful that I may spot a sea lion, the Australian sea lion is one of the rarest in the world, and thankfully protected. Alas I didn't see one, nor any dolphins who are also known to frequent this part of the coastline.

There is something wildly invigorating about being by the ocean on such a stormy winters day. The crisp wind lashing salty spray and rain upon my face. It was absolutely delightful. I learnt many years ago that there is no such thing as bad weather, simply inappropriate clothing.........























































































 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WA is just simply stunning. We live in an amazing country.

William Kendall said...

A majestic coastline.

Gemel said...

It really is William.