Friday, July 16, 2021

In Between......

In between showers I managed a quick dash around the garden this morning. A pair of Australian wood ducks have returned to relax each day in the garden. The yearly appearance is always acknowledged by me as a sign of seasons shifting. And I am always delighted to see the first mated pair as that means the rest of the flock will follow. By summer the garden has many a duck lazing in the midday sun.
The garden still sodden, and the chickens still searching for dry places to eat, and much to my surprise rice was particularly welcomed today. Flowers, raindrops, fungi and cobwebs had me entranced as I wandered around my magical natural haven...........














































 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

The plants are looking so beautiful with their drops of rain water.

William Kendall said...

It certainly looks wet there.

Gemel said...

I think so too Sharon.

It really is sodden William.

Unknown said...

So beautiful. Your gardens are really enjoying the weather. Good to see the girls out and about.