Tuesday, July 13, 2021

A Visit To Kings Meadow Reserve......

A visit to Kings Meadow Reserve in Guildford yesterday to see how high the river was flowing after the mega storm last Friday, another mega storm descended upon us last night. This morning the rain still pelting down with extreme force.

The river was overflowing and the banks breached. Getting close to the edge for a photo of the collapsing bank nearly saw me in the water slipping on the slippery mud. Thankfully though I remained dry and continued along on my walk.

Some fabulous trees here. All so unique and rather striking. One tree in particular caught my attention on the way back to my car. There were a lot of hollowed out branches being used as homes for birds and perhaps possums. I did attempt to get a glimpse inside of a couple of them, no cobwebs mean they are well used. 

A few mushrooms were spotted happily thriving on the meadow. A couple of pelicans were flying in the distance, I kept hoping that they would head over in my direction, they obviously had another place to be. A pair of green ring necked parrots spotted high in a tree. A canoodling pair of corellas were adorable to watch as they cuddled into each other. Such a relaxing and soothing walk by the swiftly flowing Swan River.........




































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

That is strong water flow.

Gemel said...

Yes it is.