Thursday, October 08, 2020

An Inquisitive Juvenile

An inquisitive juvenile magpie has become my shadow as I potter around the garden.
Mostly it is just her running around after me, although sometimes one of her parents stops in for a visit too.
Not frightened of me at all she will come quite close at times, of course she is also always on alert for any predators lurking in the sky, it is really interesting watching her listening to the calls of other birds as she scurries along behind me.
Such interactions with the wild birds that come to my sanctuary brings immense richness to my life.
Trust really does transcend the barriers of one species to another, this fledgling has been taught by her parents that no harm will come to her here, that this human is safe.
Days here are never the same, there is always a new bird appearing or my familiar favourites spending the day.
I frequently give gratitude for my life story leading me here, for the years I have put in to creating this garden, and for the magical encounters I have with the wildlife who come to visit, these encounters deepen as each year passes and gives me a fullness of life that nothing else can match.......













 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It sounds very much like you have an ideal place to reside with nature. I'd love watching all that wildlife.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

Gemel said...

Thank you Sharon, it really has become a special little place.

Thank you William, it is beautiful having this little magpie in the garden.