Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Best Times....


 The best times in life are usually random, unplanned and completely spontaneous.

For me this statement is absolutely true.
The most extraordinary things happen when I simply allow life to flow not following a set plan.
Not one to have much routine in my life in any case, going with the flow and deciding to do something without any planning is fairly normal for me.
Even little things like deciding to investigate a road I had not been down before gave me the recent encounter I had with the echidna.
Pays to be spontaneous!
If I had not of followed my intuition about changing direction, this encounter would not have occurred.
Simply flowing with the sudden impulse to investigate a place I had not been before gifted me with a magical echidna encounter.

Yesterday saw another spontaneous encounter.
Bumping into someone in the supermarket which I had be thinking about over the past few weeks, thinking I must phone her to arrange a catch up.
Bumping into each other and laughing at the coincidence, although, I don't believe that there is such a thing as coincidence, but that's another topic entirely!

Anyway I digress, I suggested that once we finish our shopping we go have a coffee.
And although she had something else planned, she agreed after a few moments of deliberation that was a good idea, whatever her plan was she was willing to make time for a spontaneous coffee break.

This turned out to be a most inspiring and special time and such a fabulous conversation about, you guessed it, spontaneity.........

No comments: