Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Things I Find....

Things I find in the middle of the road!

This pup was nearly hit by a car speeding in front of me and was clearly distressed.
Stopping to see if he had a tag with a number to call on his collar, as soon as I was out of the car he was in it.
His owner was away and a family member was supposed to be looking after him.
Oops!
He was wet so he had had a swim somewhere but clearly did not know where home was, so I sat with him for quite some time waiting for someone to collect him.
Cooling down in the car and lots of pats later he was really relaxed when it was time to go.

Then going down the same road a day later I come across this tiny bobtail who was making its way slowly across the road.
With them just coming out of hibernation they dawdle this time of the year.
Many a goanna, snake, lizard are killed this time of year which is really quite distressing as not all motorists are as compassionate as I.

Lucky for him/her that I had stopped my car to allow him/her to cross as a car came flying down the road behind me and if I had not have been stopped he would have been flattened in seconds.

Always seem to be at the right place at the right time to assist those in need.......



 


No comments: