Thursday, October 01, 2020

A Visit To.....

A visit to Fremantle and discovering Bathers Beach and three very different artworks, it is a rather quirky collection.

I was quite taken with the first one.
The varying textures and colors giving such interest to the piece.
With the dark sky looming in the background she took on an ominous tone, yet gazing up at her taking the last photo she had a softer more nurturing feel.

It is quite interesting how a change of position can totally change one's perspective.

The rock painting I am assuming is of the Waugal or Rainbow Serpent which is a snake like Dreaming creature of the Noongar culture, their creator god,  they believe the Waugal was the giver of life that formed the rivers and maintains water clarity.
I don't know a lot about the culture and I have heard many different versions. 
Either way it was a really vibrant and happy piece.

With neither I couldn't find any information about the art, a bit disappointing really.

After a watching storm clouds and waves for awhile  I retraced my steps returning the way I had come, discovering another sculpture high up on the limestone ledge that towered above me.

Quite an unusual piece, but I felt it is missed by many sat high up there out of the way, I never saw it on the way down to the ocean, I only caught sight of it as I was returning to my car.

Quite a  forlorn piece, perhaps in memory of a dog who once sat there waiting for it's owner to return from the vast blue Indian Ocean that stretches out as far as the eye can see......











 

No comments: