Friday, November 06, 2020

A Vase Of Flowers......

A vase of flowers prompted a bit of investigation.
Not ever having seen this species of plant I was really interested to find out what it was.

It had quite a happy vibe to it, and when I found out the common name for the plant I did let out a laugh.
The Mickey Mouse bush, because when the fruit ripens and becomes black it is said to resemble Mickey Mouse's ears.
Well whether they do or not it really is a spectacular plant.

Although my research also uncovered that this is an invasive plant here in Australia, especially in New South Wales and Queensland.
It originates from South Africa.

When one is open to all things new it is quite amazing what pops up as you walk your way through your days, for me discovering a new plant is like winning the lottery.......



 

No comments: