Saturday, November 14, 2020

Another Dog Rescue.....


 Another dog rescue, this time saving this pup from death as he run terrified in the middle of a busy highway in peak hour traffic. 
No collar, and not in an area I knew so it was a case of driving until I found a veterinary clinic to get him scanned for a microchip.

Well, he had a microchip, but it wasn't registered.
I didn't really understand this as normally they are registered when they are put in.

So this lead to the next dilema.
The vet practice would keep the dog for the day and if not claimed he would be sent to the pound.
I was a tad mortified at this news.

So I left little puppy with the vets and hoped for the best.

Still worried about the pup an hour later I phoned the vets and I was told they had put a post up on facebook hoping to locate the pups owners.
I left my name and phone number (as don't have social media) and asked if they could let me know if the owners showed up.

Towards the end of the day still concerned about the little pup so I phoned the veterinary practice again only to find out that little Reggie had been collected by his owners.

Delighted that he was reunited with his owners.

But I have to say I was a tad disgusted that no thank you for saving our dogs life was forthcoming from the owners.
And that the vet practice didn't have the decency to phone to let me know that the pup had been collected.

I know if it was me who had lost a fur baby I would definitely want to thank the rescuer.
And I don't think they realise how close to death little Reggie was, I saw two cars nearly hit him as I was stopping to save him.
The other motorists not in the slightest bit interested in a terrified dog running down the middle of the road.

Another lesson in the way humanity is going I guess, but it won't stop me from doing the same thing again........

No comments: