Wednesday, October 26, 2022

The Long Awaited.....

The long awaited first flowers on this plant are days away from unfolding. It was in the raised garden bed when I moved here eight years ago. It never really grew and has never flowered so last year I moved it and placed it in a pot which has been kept under the patio. 
And for the first time ever buds began to form this year. 

The flower stem has been budded up for around two months. 
It seemed to stay in pre blooming limbo for weeks. I did noticed yesterday though that the bud on top appeared bulkier as if at long last the beauty contained within is ready to burst free......

 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Time will tell.

luksky said...

Wow, I can't believe you've been in your cottage for eight years already! Time flies....

Sharon said...

Fingers crossed that it will be a beauty!

Gemel said...

It will William.

Yes eight years Luksky, where has that gone?

I am sure it will be beautiful Sharon.