Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Seeing It Was World Kangaroo Day........

Seeing it was World Kangaroo Day yesterday I went to Heirisson Island as I discovered recently that a mob of kangaroos live there. I had no idea that on this small island such an oasis existed. By the time I arrived it was afternoon siesta time and the kangaroos would all be lazing around in the shade. With the grass quite long and only with trainers on I wasn't going to investigate the tall trees that were off in the distance trying to locate them With so much water there would be a lot of snakes living here, and this time of the year they are all beginning to wake up. So it was to the pathways I kept. 

The long grasses kept so many duck families well hidden. The ducklings ranging in age, the parents all doting. There were so many lovely shady parts of the path that gave this area a magical feel. 
Not many wildflowers were blooming, next year I will come in the winter so I can get off the tracks safely and explore more, yesterday though I was content to slowly walk the clearly marked paths. 

Many birds were seen and as always I was completely overjoyed with all I encountered. 
The kangaroos though just melt my heart. Such beautiful beings. And as you can see not easily spotted in a natural setting. There have been times when I have been out walking in the bush alone as suddenly felt like I was being watched. With a quick look around I would see a kangaroo silently watching. I spent a long time admiring these beauties as they relaxed in the sun. I am sure there are many more kangaroos that dwell here and hopefully next time I will encounter more......... 



































































































4 comments:

Sharon said...

Such a wonderful place to explore. Kangaroos seem almost magical to me since we don't see them here. Such beautiful creatures.

Gemel said...

It is a beautiful place Sharon. Kangaroos are amazing creatures.

William Kendall said...

The roos look quite comfortable

Gemel said...

They are experts at relaxation from my observations.