Tuesday, October 11, 2022

A Whizz Around..........

A whizz around with the lawn mower before setting off for the day has turned my mini wilderness into a mini parkland once again. It is always a pleasant transformation from leaving the winter grasses undisturbed to a freshly cut grass. 

The chickens were happily following me around with the mower knowing that treats would be filling the air. I had got rid of the old wooden chairs recently that were previously placed around the garden and have replaced them with other more sturdy ones. I also chose new positions for the chairs giving me a few new outlooks over the garden. A new way of seeing the garden is always appreciated. 

The magnificent Aslan was looking so regal this morning, a proud boy perusing his domain. The girls were all of hunting for bugs disturbed by the mower, I often wonder how Aslan keeps them all in his view as they scatter all over the garden in five different directions as they forage for tasty morsels.

Of course as I sat I could see all the jobs still waiting to be tended to. The bird bath for instance needs to be finished it had one coat of paint and then I haven't seemed to find the time to finish it. Maybe the hotter months may prompt a bit of artistic inspiration. There is still grass to be pulled away from the trees and the garden beds, the endless dry leaves raked. 

Time spent enjoying the garden often takes precedence over working in the garden. Mostly though, I find that I go outside for five minutes and several hours later I find that time has been lost as I simply sit and be....






























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I'm a bit surprised the sound of the mower doesn't send them looking for quiet corners.

Gemel said...

There was food involved so to heck with the noise!