Friday, August 19, 2022

Yesterday I Headed.....

Yesterday I headed to the tangled wonderous realm of the woodlands in search of fairy wrens. 
Heard throughout the dense foliage yet due to the flurry of activity with spring in the air they were difficult to locate. 
I was successful though, a small family was scurrying along the forest floor.  Although none were still enough for a great close-up, the photos I did manage to capture show how tiny these birds are. 
The vibrant blue of the males such a contrast to the other hues of the woodland. 
There were many shows of native wisteria throughout the woodland, their purple flowers adding another colour blast which was also striking. 
I also saw my first native coneflower, which have the most interesting seed pods. 
A beautiful sunny day after Wednesdays torrential downpours, and as always thoroughly magical and therapeutic......















































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A very rich shade of blue on those birds.

Gemel said...

They are amazing little birds William.