Sunday, August 21, 2022

Afternoons Can Be....

Afternoons can be noisy a bit chaotic but overall joyful as I put out some oats for the chickens and fly in fly out birds. On these cold nights making sure their tummies' are full before bed means that they stay warm during these frosty nights.  It is also a time of comical antics.

The resident black pacific ducks were not here when I took this photo, however they have become very trusting and now waddle along after me. They mostly choose to sleep under the patio during the day where they are protected from both the weather and predators. 
This will change when eggs are laid and then they will take turns flying in for food separately making sure their eggs remain guarded. 

From each window of my little cottage nature can be seen, a vision I had when I first saw the once barren area. It has taken years to create this place of safely for the birds. A place of wonder for me. 
Overall it is a dream come true.
Finding my way here through life's chapters has been rather miraculous, not being one to stay put I have wandered the world seemingly looking for a place where I belong. 
I have lived in many houses, yet as I reflect only one home. 
I often wonder if this is because I was adopted, no bonds formed as a child with people or the land. 
Life really is a mystery, we really do never know where the paths will lead us.
It has been an adventure though being a gypsy flitting here and there in search of something that was always just out of my reach.
Here though I have found my place. I no longer am seeking to fill a void or looking for pastured new.....


 

4 comments:

Cloudia said...

I appreciate you for the care you give them

Gemel said...

Thank you very much Cloudia. It brings me so much happiness caring for all of them.

William Kendall said...

You take good care of them.

Gemel said...

Thank you William, they bring much joy.