Saturday, August 06, 2022

Mornings Are Magical.....

Mornings are magical, not just here at my magic cottage, but everywhere in nature, magic oozes as another day dawns. The time is soft and quiet, a mellow waking of the world. How grateful I am to have this oasis to enjoy. Years upon years of dreaming and yearning, of planting and waiting has brought my dream into a reality. 
To live a life disconnected from nature would surely see me wither, as without nature life would have no meaning. 
This morning it was the raindrops that dazzled me. How beautiful they are. How they bring a twinkling gentleness to the waking garden. Shimmering as the sunlight begins to catch them. The spiders webs in the yuccas were especially fascinating.  Taking on the appearance of lace as the water hung on the delicate strands. 
The rose chested cockatoos were a tad miffed that I was ambling about the garden, there was fresh seed to be eaten and this human was interrupting their morning nibble. I did spy a grumpy stare or two as I took time to appreciate them. Such beautiful birds. Only one pair of ducks were waddling around with the chickens, and a few bronzewings had also arrived to begin their day here in my garden. How humbling, such a precious way to begin my day.......





















































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite the flock

Gemel said...

They are quite demanding too.