Sunday, August 14, 2022

PartTwo......

Part two of my Berry Reserve visit yesterday, as with the first post so much caught my attention as I continued on. 
I recall someone I knew once said that the bushlands here are boring. How anyone could say these wild landscapes boring is beyond me. There is so much diversity in the bushlands. Strange and often otherworldly plants and flowers was well as the fascinating granite outcrops that rise from the earth. 
A totally fascinating place to explore.
Although the trees were teeming with birdlife I only saw one bird, and what a stunner he was! A golden whistler, so brilliant as he sat still for a few brief minutes. I had actually never seen one before so was very grateful.
Again there were so many flowers I had never seen before.
 It is nearly two years since that horrific fire destroyed this bushland, yet as terrifying and destructive as the bush fires are, they also help to germinate the plants. Some of the flowers blooming now may have laid dormant for years. 
Evidence that a family of redtail or maybe carnaby cockatoos had been enjoying the gumtree fruits as a scattering of half eaten nuts were littering the path. 
The water level of the brook had receded since I came here Wednesday and I was able to get a little further down the banks.  
Although I would like to head off the tracks more I don't as the bushland is still regenerating after the fire and it is important not to trample it down.....







































































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A lot of vibrancy to be found there.

Gemel said...

It is a magical place.