Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Taking Advantage.......

Taking advantage of clear skies and warm sunshine yesterday I ended my day up at Lesmurdie Falls. The water rushing through the small brook that leads to the waterfall itself. 
Looking out towards the coast and the next storm front was approaching, the clouds slowly moving closer.
Lots of wonders to be seen and enjoyed, but the highlight here though was a Quenda.

Quendas are often mistaken for rats by international visitors. These adorable little marsupials can become quite cheeky as this one was. Coming right up to where I was sitting as it found some left over human food. I did try to get it as although a tasty snack human food is not good for them. 
Quendas eat a variety of goodies, seeds, fungus, insects and plant roots.
 This little Quenda though had other ideas about surrendering it's prize and ducked under some dense undergrowth to nibble away in peace.....































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The waterfalls are quite a sight to see.

Gemel said...

I think so, I love seeing them flowing.