Sunday, August 21, 2022

A Lovely Relaxing......

A lovely relaxing Sunday was spent in the garden, tidying up, admiring the plants and enjoying the company of the chickens and the ducks. The eight of them followed me around as I weeded and did some planting and then of course when I went out with the camera.

The black pacific ducks are becoming so trusting and allow me to get really close now. They had a paddle in the pond in the front garden which gave me some great photos. They also now have a routine of coming to the back door and quacking when it is time to lock the chickens up. They know that they on to a good thing here!

Sadly one of my acacia trees has been damaged in the storms recently, she is still managing to flower despite the split at the base of her trunk. This tree has been a shady canopy and favourite napping place for the chickens and ducks alike. I will have to cut her back which will take away a really good safe space for all the birds. Hopefully she can be saved with a lot of nurturing and love. 

A vast variety of flowers are blooming,  snow peas were picked and the broad beans will be ready for harvest soon. I planted some more rocket and mustard greens and also some rhubarb. 
The mulberry tree is full of fruit which will begin to ripen as the days warm. No sign yet of any fruit on my native finger lime or the macadamia tree either, but maybe when the weather changes I might be lucky this year.........



























































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The ducks do make good company.

Gemel said...

They really are such happy little beings.