Thursday, August 25, 2022

Monday Afternoon.......

Monday afternoon I returned to Mountain Quarry Park again and was greeted by a stunning display of pink myrtle and trickling water. The first time I ventured up to the quarry itself it was still quite hot and early morning, Monday though it was mid afternoon and the light gave the quarry a different hue. There were a couple of groups climbing the quarry walls. It was interesting to see how fast one person in particular scurried up the cliff face making it look super easy. 
Next time I come I would like to go up to the top as there is a path that leads up there. This time once again I was happy to take in the sheer rock faces, the textures and colours of the rocks and the little gardens of plants growing wherever they were able. 

I did find a little caterpillar on the pathway which would have been easy pickings for a bird so I carefully moved it to a more secluded place. 
Heading back down towards where I parked I took off in a different direction than I have previously walked and to my delight discovered a swampy area surrounding the stream.  Natural swamp lands are interesting places and homes to many creatures. Although I could hear many birds none were seen, many a croak from well hidden frogs could be heard as well. 
The crystal clear water provided a refreshing drink as I stopped to soak up the ambience, breathing in the fresh crisp air and stopping to appreciate the array of life surrounding me.......



















































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a beautiful place.

Gemel said...

It is as beautiful as it is diverse.