Monday, July 25, 2022

My Last Adventure.....

My last adventure of the day had me exploring yet another new track, this one ten kilometers from where I live. And again I noted the difference in the foliage and the terrain. A clear but cool afternoon made it perfect weather for a centring walk in nature. 
The towering white barked trees are either sugar gums or ghost gums. I need to figure out how to tell the difference. Of course many of the trees called to me as I ambled along.
Flowers are becoming more abundant lower down than where I live, there are more variety of flowers already out. I call this a flower wave, a steady and very subtle ripple of colour slowly creeps throughout the bushlands heading from the coastal areas in the west up towards the darling ranges and heading east, it really is quite remarkable. 
Many burrows were noted and I did get close to a few to see if I could find any residents about. I did see two Quenda's scurry across the track, too swift for a photo though unfortunately. Also two large resin balls on a dying grass tree which was really fascinating.  
Many other things caught my attention from leafy vistas to rocks that had unusual markings to burnt branches covered in moss. 
The sculptural beauty of nature never disappoints......... 

























































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful shots.

Gemel said...

Thank you William, I try to capture the essence of the many wonderful thing I see when out and about.