Monday, July 11, 2022

This Afternoon......

This afternoon I found myself back at Jorgensen Park, another of my most enjoyable places to walk. The highlight of the afternoon was finding a small family of fairy wrens. These tiny birds rarely keep still and being so tiny can make it very difficult to photograph them.
 Today though I was blessed and got a few great photos. I also took a few to give an idea of their size, and of how they camouflage into the scenery. Well all of them except the vibrant blue males, the females to me are as stunning even if they are a pale brown. 
The fairy wrens really do bring a magical quality to the areas where they dwell, the are like butterflies, so beautiful and tiny. I watched them as they danced around their forest garden completely mesmerised. 
I also particularly love the trees in this forest like park, some of them seem to dance seductively with each other as bows and branches gracefully entwine. Some almost merging with the other as if embracing. 
Here I also headed off track and found new parts of the park I had not seen before. Large rock boulders spreading across the earth, as I sat I was lost in thought of how pure and old these giant rock beings are. Of how special this place is, and grateful they are protected and admired as they should be......









































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Whatever the vegetation is in the first shot, it reminds me of a sheepdog.

Gemel said...

It's a grass tree/balga tree.