Thursday, July 21, 2022

It's Been Years..........

It's been years since I have enjoyed a walk at the park which leads into bushland a short walk from my home. A beautiful crisp and clear winters day seemed the perfect time to go and have a leisurely meander. 
The trees seem to be calling me wherever I amble along at the moment. And today I wasn't disappointed. Many years ago there was a railway line that came to Chidlow, there is a track one can take following the route the trains once took. There is a iron sculpture of a train in the park which is rather artistic. I am quite glad we don't have the trainline up here any longer, it would take away from the serenity of this now quiet oasis. 
With the rains finally arriving on a regular basis the bushland is coming alive. Unlike the northern hemisphere wintertime down under sees everything go a lush green and flowers begin blooming. 
I discovered some rather large fungi, one up a tree and another in the undergrowth. As well as a few tiny yellow mushrooms I also spotted what is locally known as dog poo fungus or puffballs. The local noongar tribe were known to eat these when food was scarce, they also used the spores as a medicine for wound healing to prevent infection. 
There were lots of birds heard but only two spotted watching me as I walked along, many others could be heard gleefully flitting about in the canopies of the towering trees.....





























































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A wonderful place to explore.

Gemel said...

It really is and I ought to go more often.