Monday, July 25, 2022

A Sunny Morning.....

A sunny morning stroll by the Swan River in Guildford was a refreshing and relaxing way to start my day. With a flock of corellas nibbling on the grass and running along in their comical way. With the wet weather the water birds are now out and about more, as gleeful as me it seems that the weather is now so much cooler. 
In the hollows high up in the trees nesting is underway with the ring-necked parrots, corellas and rose chested cockatoos. There was a lot of commotion in the trees as the breeding season begins and nests are settled into and eggs laid. 
I also spotted a native bee hive high on a dead tree trunk, the bees busily flying in and out of the hive. Try as I might though, I never spot a rainbow bee-eater. 
I keep putting it out there for one to appear. 
Today however was not the day.....




























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a variety of birds.

Gemel said...

Yes it was.