Monday, July 11, 2022

Another Week Begins......

Another week begins and as always I set off without really knowing how the day will unfold. 
I always know that my days will involved some sort of outdoor adventure, yet I rarely have the destination in my mind before I set off. 
Today I found myself back at Mountain Quarry, yet set off in a different direction than the path I took last Monday.
I ended up with wet feet as I followed a thin trail, which could have possibly been a kangaroo track. It certainly wasn't a very popular hiking path.  A few times I wandered off from the track completely, I did note that getting lost here would be easy as the bushland seemed to swallow all trances of the track within a few steps. Not one to let wet boots put me off I carried on trying to get to a rocky outcrop I kept seeing in the distance. 
The soothing sound of trickling water was such music to my soul. After a downpour on Saturday the small creek was finally running. 
Moving fast to keep the chill at bay, although a bright blue sky gave the appearance of warmth, it was exceedingly chilly.  I carried on completely focused on getting to the massive rocks that were calling me ever closer. I found a small track leading up the outcrop I had seen,  I managed to get partway up, however the boots I had on were not designed to be climbing in the bush, so reluctantly I turned around after slipping once to often. 
Exhilarated from walking yet another new trail but also it is being surrounded by nothing but the bushland. I find so much utterly fascinating. The different terrains and plants makes my adventures worthwhile. So much to be seen and witnessed in this unblemished place.
The silence so soothing. And the soft whispers as wind winds its way through the leaves, as if passing on a secret message to those who still themselves enough to listen.
There is a magic in nature which envelops me and nourishes me like nothing else can. 
Here in the bush breathing in the fresh air, scents of eucalyptus and wildflowers swirling around me, the faint drone of bees, lulls me into a state of complete calm, I feel at home and deeply at peace. 
For it is here, in nature that I feel most connected to life.
It is here I feel held and loved.
All sense of separation fades away.....


























































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A lovely place to explore.

Gemel said...

Certainly is.