Saturday, July 30, 2022

I Noticed.....

I noticed this lone kookaburra as I was leaving the driveway this morning. As I shut the gate he began his laughing call. And as I type this a flock of kookaburras are laughing in the tree outside my bedroom window. Such a jolly sound. 
Kookaburras are keen hunters and one of their favourite prey is snake. Over the years I have seen a couple of kookaburras high up in a tree with a dead snake dangling over a branch. Quite a feat really as most of the snakes here are highly venomous. They will also hunt frogs and other small marsupials. 
Hopefully this chap will come back when I have my camera on hand for a better photo..... 



 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a sight to see.

Sharon said...

What a fun sighting.

Gemel said...

He was a sight to behold William.

And fun too Sharon when he started to laugh.