Saturday, November 30, 2019

Happy First Birthday..........

 Happy first Birthday Charlie Cricket.

Life certainly has been a challenge for this precious little guy, having survived a horrendous dog attack in the first few weeks of his life, to me finding my way to him just a week or so later, I remember going to look at Charlie and his brother, his brother and I didn't seem to fit and I recall looking down at Charlie sitting on the floor wondering how bad the wounds were, and Charlie just looking at me begging to be picked up, I placed his brother down and gathered him into my arms and Charlie curled up beneath my neck and went straight to sleep, and did not move, purring his little heart out as if to say get me out of here, and so the choice was made.

Taking him home and immediately having to deal with the flea problem he had and tending to his wounds, the first few weeks were pretty intense as I did not want any of the wounds to become infected.
Weeks of cleaning the wounds twice daily and lots of love and tenderness nursed him through these first few weeks.

Charlie immediately fell in love with Miss Bear and the two became best friends almost instantly, when Nala appeared I think Charlie thought all his Christmases had come at once, he now had  two sisters to snuggle and play with, sharing his love so openly, he is such a giving little boy.

Charlie is still on medication for the sideways head issue, and I trust this will rectify itself soon, figure he has been through enough for one year of life and trusting that full health returns to him.

His playful and gentlemanly nature has brought such a lot of joy to the house and  I trust will continue to do so for many years to come.......

















4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Happy Birthday to Charlie. What a good kitty.

Sharon said...

What a sweetie!

Cloudia said...

Happy Birthday! Blessings on you and your dear companions so beautifully shared here <3

Gemel said...

Thank you all from Charlie Cricket =^..^-