Sunday, November 10, 2019

Not Being......

Not being a egg eater myself, the girls eggs are always gifted to family and friends to enjoy.

Here some are being scrambled for breakfast and I have been told that compared to eggs purchased in supermarkets/shops even those stating to be free-range, those that use my girls eggs all say the same thing, that they have extremely yellow yolks, everyone always comments of the strong colour of the yolks and the lack of smell from the eggs as well.

Given that the girls have free range of my entire property to look for yummy bugs every single day, a high quality grain and they also are quite spoilt in regards to daily treats, watermelon and blueberries are particular favourites. 
They also love corn on the cob, cooked rice and the fresh greens and flowers that come by the bucket load when one particular friend comes visits.

End result is they are very happy, spoilt and loved chickens.

Which is why I call their eggs, happy eggs......

3 comments:

luksky said...

I have a friends who has chickens and she gifts me their eggs every so often, they are really a lot tastier than store bought eggs.

William Kendall said...

Spoiled indeed!

Gemel said...

I love sharing the eggs with friends, if you lived closer Laura I give some to you.

That they are William.